Saturday, March 20, 2010

How I know my Mother...

Its been 21 years and 10 months since I know "the" most wonderful human being in my life. The woman who gave me a chance to experience the magic called life. My mother! She has been the silent support for me throughout these years and has always ensured that even I voice my opinions on matters close to both our hearts. The woman I turn to in despair, happiness, anxiety and ecstasy. When i was younger, she held my hand and taught me to walk on the right path.  As i grew older, she let me find the path that i thought was right. She let me commit mistakes in the belief that I will learn from them and emerge as a woman who would be ready to take on the challenges that life would throw at me. She let me be independent in my thoughts and encouraged me to come to terms with the person I am.She taught me there is no stronger emotion than love and to love unconditionally is a virtue. She taught me honesty will always take me places and that trust in yourself and others is most important. Today, if I am loved and treasured by the people around me, it is because of the one woman I love and treasure the most.My mother!
They say, God couldn't be everywhere and so he created mothers. I say, God couldn't epitomise  love, trust, support and strength and so he created My Mother! I don't think I have thanked her enough for being the strength in my life and this is just an attempt to do just that. I love and respect you immensely Ma!Thank you for being "you" and thank you for letting me be "me".

8 comments: