Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Find Your Calling...

When i was in the 4th grade, I wanted to go to the US and do my medicine to become a doctor.It was my dream till the 8th grade. In the 9th grade I realised, science and I were never meant to be and so I let go of that dream. I am now pursuing a dream I have had since the 11th grade, to be a noted journalist. Supporting me in my varying dreams were my parents who let me decide for myself what I wanted to make of my life. Not everybody(associated with me or not associated with me)are lucky to have parents such as mine. "You have to become an engineer or a doctor. I could not become one, I want you to fulfill my dream" says the father. The child starts living the dream that the father saw for himself and eventually reaches a saturation point of frustration. What next?The blame game begins. Anger, curses, negative thoughts fills the mind. Why life a life of misery? You might as well live a life where YOUR goals and ambitions are given priority. Belief in yourself is all that it takes to convince whomsoever concerned. At the end of the day, a happy and successful offspring is what makes the parent proud and happy. Find your calling, pursue it, leaving no way for regrets.

2 comments:

  1. Definitely :) Its after i wrote the whole thing,did i realise tht it was just a diff version of 3idiots:)

    ReplyDelete