Monday, February 1, 2010

BLOGGING:A Medium to Show off Or Express?

A very recent conversation with a good friend of mine Gijo gave birth to my 1st topic as a Blogger.In a way this conversation was the very reason I decided to Blog.Before you all reach any sort of conclusion,this is not the only blog that i will be posting!Most of them in Gijo's league feel strongly that a lot of the bloggers namely the famous ones blog just to show off.Show off about what you may ask.Well show off about their achievements,their writing skills and that they are making time to connect with their fans inspite of their busy schedules.With all dues respect to those people(including gijo)I beg to differ completely.For me blogging is a platform where one gets to express their opinions about things happening around them without having to think twice.A blog is "YOUR SPACE" and "YOUR VOICE".You dont need to be politically correct here.A platform where you get to show people who you really are and a space that keeps you in check with you real self.True that blogging has become the "in thing"now and a lot of bloggers are resorting to it only everybody else is doing it irrespective of the fact that they have no clue what or why they are doing it.But hey!There are a lot of genuine ones here as well,who just wants to be heard and not judged!

4 comments:

  1. while i do agree agree with your pov on blogging being a platform of expression, fact remains that it has turned out to be a platform for exhibhitionism. infact not just a blog but any open social network/place like FB for example are playgrounds for the exhibhitionists.

    it is ultimately a reflection of the 'super side' in a person which makes him active here.

    but pls continue ur efforts as a true blogger - u have a new follower in me. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do agree with you..and like i mentioned i know there are a lot of them who exists to show their super side :) and thank you as i really appreciate your comments!:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I beg to differ from your detractors, Parvathy. When I quit teaching 5 years back, I was facing a cul de sac. So I turned back to what I love...English...and writing in Englich. My blog is my space...so I am happy without expecting too much from others. I am not hankering after awards or accolades.... but when there are a lot of readers, it makes me happy. If not, that's fine by me too. Am going to visit your blog regularly.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you ma'am!It is because I had english teachers like u and shubha ma'am that i learned to love the language!And that brings me to the blogger's world..I share the same sentiments as u!!

    ReplyDelete