Monday, February 22, 2010

Marriages Are Made In Heaven...REALLY?

They say marriages are made in heaven so one would expect it to be effortlessly blissful unless heaven had its description changed. But a marriage is far from being blissful if the 2 involved does not put in equal efforts. Marriage is the ultimate stage of commitment when it comes to relationships. You cannot choose your family but its upto you to decide with whom you want to have the family with. When people around me proudly say "We had a 3months pre engagement period and i knew it then that we were meant to be together" or "We had a 6months engagement period and i knew that he/she was certainly the one for me", I would assume that 3 months are enough to know a person at the basic level. But many of the married couples around me, who by the way have said the above statements, having a married life far from being the one made in heaven, maybe its time I think differently! A very famous bollywood director once said in one of his tweets in Twitter,"I have decided to gift any married couple only after 5years of their marriage". Well I don't agree with that! There are couples who realise that they are not meant to be together after about 15years of marriage.What would Mr.Director have to say to that? I would rather wait a long time to find a man rather than get pressurised and end up in a divorce. This takes me back to the times my parents were brought up in. The word "divorce" had no existence in their dictionary of life. They learnt to accept their differences and learnt to deal with it in order to create a stable life for their children. They were selfless in their giving and maybe we are selfish. Maybe its time we stopped ridiculing their thoughts and beliefs and inculcated some of that in our lives since our thoughts and beliefs in this aspect does not seem to be getting us anywhere.
Marriages maybe made in heaven but it definitely takes the efforts of 2 people living on earth to make it successful!

3 comments:

  1. woman! tis post is like a msg 2 me! will tell u wen i meet u online! :)
    thnks 4 tis blog! gud one :) muaaahhhssss

    ReplyDelete
  2. Okkaaay then :) I have been getting some never before reviews for this post of mine :)Glad i could help! :)..And m waiting to hear about it..:)

    ReplyDelete